In-Depth Intro to Woodworking Jan 7 [Sundays - 6 week Intensive]
Suitable for beginners, this woodworking course is designed to teach you all that you need to get started in woodworking by learning both traditional, and modern techniques.
Students will learn valuable hands-on skills working on instructor-lead projects using both hand and power tools.
Projects are chosen to provide skills development in a natural progression from familiarity with the unique characteristics of wood, to basic essential techniques, to some more advanced topics.
Materials and equipment for all projects are provided with the course.
Six three-hour weekly classes, Thursdays 10am to 1pm.
At the end of this course you will have achieved the following goals:
- A complete understanding of the nature and properties of wood
- Proficiency with traditional woodworking techniques
- Comfort working with chisels, planes, saws
- Proficiency with wood milling techniques
- Comfort with safe operation of power tools
- Familiarity with power planing, joiner, drill press, router and table saw
- Dressing and laminating wood
- Experience following project plans
- Familiarity with joinery
- Wood finishing, various treatments
Following this course, you'll be certified to use the woodshop. And you'll be able to join the growing community of TTL Makers sharing knowledge on our Discord community.
Certifications for all courses are valid for one year from the time that they are issued, and can be renewed at no cost with your active monthly membership within 3 months of their expiry. Certification renewal requires booking with an instructor, is conducted at the makerspace, and helps you keep your skills current.